Tuesday, July 5, 2011

A day in my life..

After being repeatedly drowned in a pool by 7th-8th grade Korean gangsters (aka my students), oh and my fellow teachers, I now hear water in my ear every time I turn my head…

….that’s NOT normal right?

My life has so many interesting points to it sometimes. For example, one of my 6th grade students has decided we should get married. Now, this isn’t the first time I have had a student crush on me. Only thing different this time is the fact that my student is a girl. I informed her that in Georgia it is illegal for two women to get married (not to mention she is waaaaaaaaaay younger than I go for), to which she calmly replied…

“We’ll move to New York.”

I’m proud of her for keeping up with current events but……So I told her it is also illegal for me to marry more than one person at a time. Her response:

“By the time I’m 18 you will divorce. Then we’ll marry.”

Hahaaa, persistent one she is. Always an interesting development when a student crushes on you. Even more interesting when they come with a thought out argument. I suppose that means I’m doing well with teaching my ESOL class and I should keep up the hard work.

*^^*

No comments:

Post a Comment